Post Market Summary:
- Banking and auto stocks drove the Indian stock market lower on Thursday.
- The Sensex dropped 89.14 points (-0.15 percent) to 57,595.68.
- The Nifty closed the day at 17,222.75, down 22.90 points, or -0.13 percent, from its previous close.
- The BankNifty closed the day at 35,527.10, down 620.25 points, or -1.72 percent, from its previous close.
- Smaller markets, as well as midcap and smallcap indices, outperformed the leaders, closing with gains.
- Nifty Private Bank, Nifty Auto, Nifty Financial Services, Nifty PSU Bank, and Nifty FMCG were among the sectors that fell.
- While Nifty Media, Nifty IT, Nifty Metal, Nifty Pharma, and Nifty Realty all finished in the green.
- The top Nifty50 losers were Kotak Mahindra Bank, Titan Company, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, and HDFC.
- The top index gainers were Dr Reddy’s Laboratories, Coal India, UltraTech Cement, Hindalco Industries, and JSW Steel.
- FII Sold for Rs. 1740.71 crore today, while DII bought for Rs. 2091.07 crore.
Trades Update 24.03.2022
Today I have taken 2 trades in Intraday:
Buy NIFTY 24th MARCH 17200 PE for Rs. 21.25 at 11:12 AM.
I Sold the above 17200 PE for Rs. 35 at 12:04 PM
I made a profit of Rs. 687 in this trade.
Sold NIFTY 24th MARCH 17300 CE for Rs. 46.20 at 11:41 AM.
I bought the above 17300 CE for Rs. 15.95 at 12:04 Pm
I made a profit of Rs. 1512 in this trade.
Today Total Profit/Loss (24-03-2022):
At the end of today trades, the total profit is Rs. 2200/-
My Old Positional Trades(Update):
I sold the NIFTY DEC 2022 17500 CE for Rs. 1050 and the NIFTY DEC 2022 17500 PE for Rs. 1295.
This straddle was taken about 20 days ago.
Today, it has an MTM loss of Rs. 4197.
This trade shows MTM profit on some days and MTM loss on some days.
MTM profit/loss is not the actual P/L.
This trade has a 15155 to 19845 breakeven point. Take a look at the images below.
I don’t have to be concerned till the Nifty is trading in this range.
I don’t keep track of this trade on a daily basis. This is a long-term investment for me.
This trade, I am convinced, will yield some good returns in the following 1-2 months.
Hope you enjoyed the artilce.
Disclaimer: This article and trades shared here are for educational purposes only and should not be considered as financial advice or a recommendation of any kind. I am not advising any trading or investment ideas. Therefore, I, don't bear any responsibility for any trading losses you might incur as a result of using this learning/data/indicators/charting platform. One is free to choose whether or not to follow the learnings, and create a position in the market at his/her own risk. Index market trading involves considerable risk and can result from the loss of your invested capital. Always consult a Sebi Registered financial advisor and do your research before trading or investing in any market!