Post Market Summary:
- Market extends losses, Nifty bank down nearly 200 pts.
- Markets head into the long weekend with sour mood.
- Nifty ends below 17,500, Sensex falls 237 pts;
- Auto, bank drag, metals shine.
- Except realty, auto and bank, all other sectoral indices ended in the green with FMCG, capital goods, metal and oil & gas indices rose 0.5 percent each.
- BSE midcap index fell 0.2 percent and smallcap index added 0.27 percent.
- All sector indices declined this week except Nifty.
- FII sold for Rs. 2061.04 crore today and DII bought for Rs. 1410.85 crore.
Trades Update 13.04.2022
Today, I sold a positional BankNifty May expiry straddle in the morning.
Sold BANKNIFTY MAY 38000 STRADDLE.
SOLD BANKNIFTY MAY 38000 CE = 1160.00
SOLD BANKNIFTY MAY 38000 PE = 1150.00
Because the market will be closed for four days, I decided to sell a long expiry straddle in attempt to benefit.
But I was also concerned that the worldwide markets would be open on Thursday and Friday, and that if any news came in, our market would respond on Monday.
This week will also see the release of earnings from Infosys and HDFC Bank.
I was worried about a large gap up or gap down, so I purchased the weekly options as insurance.
Taking hedged positions is always a good idea, especially over long weeks.
Lets see how market opens on Monday.
Today, it has an MTM loss of Rs. 308
Hope you enjoyed the artilce.
Disclaimer: This article and trades shared here are for educational purposes only and should not be considered as financial advice or a recommendation of any kind. I am not advising any trading or investment ideas. Therefore, I, don't bear any responsibility for any trading losses you might incur as a result of using this learning/data/indicators/charting platform. One is free to choose whether or not to follow the learnings, and create a position in the market at his/her own risk. Index market trading involves considerable risk and can result from the loss of your invested capital. Always consult a Sebi Registered financial advisor and do your research before trading or investing in any market!