Post Market Summary:
- Market breadth favours decline, advance-decline ratio at 2:3
- The market is being dragged down by banks and IT, with the Sensex and Nifty closing at roughly one-month lows.
- The Sensex has dropped 1,172 points to 57,167, while the Nifty has dropped 302 points to 17,174.
- The Nifty Bank Index has dropped 734 points to 36,729, while the Midcap Index has dropped 323 points to 30,474.
- Following a four-day holiday, the BSE Sensex opened substantially down at 57,339 and fell to a low of 56,842.
- The 10-year bond yield has dropped the most in a single session since February 10; it now stands at 7.15 percent, down from 7.21 percent at the previous close.
- The VIX is up about 10% today, its highest day since March 21, although it is facing resistance from the 100-day moving average.
- FII sold for Rs. 6387.45 crore today and DII bought for Rs. 3341.96 crore.
Trades Update 18.04.2022
I entered two positional trades today, bringing my total number of active trades to three.
In addition, I booked profit on a buying trade executed on 13-04-2022 as insurance for a BankNifty May expiry straddle.
Taking hedged trades is always a good idea, especially during the long weekend.
Sold BANKNIFTY MAY 38000 STRADDLE on 13-04-2022.
SOLD BANKNIFTY MAY 38000 CE = 1160.00
SOLD BANKNIFTY MAY 38000 PE = 1150.00
Today, I exited the weekly options I purchased as insurance on April 13, 2022, with a profit of Rs 1311, while the Straddle is showing a profit of Rs 335.
The total profit is Rs. 1646
Sold BANKNIFTY MAY 37000 STRADDLE.
SOLD BANKNIFTY MAY 37000 CE = 1230.00
SOLD BANKNIFTY MAY 37000 PE = 1050.00
Today, it has an MTM profit of Rs. 2471
Sold BANKNIFTY APRIL 37000 STRADDLE.
SOLD BANKNIFTY APRIL 37000 CE = 638.15
SOLD BANKNIFTY APRIL 37000 PE = 587.25
Today, it has an MTM profit of Rs. 2513
Positional Trades Total MTM Profit/Loss (18-04-2022):
Three positional trades are currently active, with an MTM profit of Rs. 6,631.
Hope you enjoyed the artilce.
Disclaimer: This article and trades shared here are for educational purposes only and should not be considered as financial advice or a recommendation of any kind. I am not advising any trading or investment ideas. Therefore, I, don't bear any responsibility for any trading losses you might incur as a result of using this learning/data/indicators/charting platform. One is free to choose whether or not to follow the learnings, and create a position in the market at his/her own risk. Index market trading involves considerable risk and can result from the loss of your invested capital. Always consult a Sebi Registered financial advisor and do your research before trading or investing in any market!