Post Market Summary:
- The Nifty recovers and closes above 17,000, snapping a five-day losing trend.
- Market closes mostly higher despite volatility, but financials underperform.
- The Sensex rises 574 points to 57,038 and the Nifty rises 178 points to 17,137.
- The Nifty Bank index drops 27 points to 36,315 while the midcap index rises 224 points to 30,279.
- The Sensex has dropped over 4,000 points in the last two weeks, but more than 100 smallcaps have increased by double digits.
- The rupee finishes strong at 76.21/$, compared to Tuesday’s close of 76.51/$.
- Risks such as the Russia-Ukraine conflict, soaring inflation, high oil prices, and a rising interest rate environment are causing the market to be volatile.
- FII sold for Rs. 3009.26 crore today and DII bought for Rs. 2645.82 crore.
Trades Update 20.04.2022
I sold a BANKNIFTY 5th MAY 36300 straddle today.
In addition, I sold Banknifty 21st April 37000 CE to compensate for yesterday’s Buy of 34500 PE.
The last few months have been extremely volatile. Indexes are moving dramatically on both sides.
Such a market is not good for traders.
However, I also learned a lot during this time.
Sold BANKNIFTY MAY 38000 STRADDLE on 13-04-2022.
SOLD BANKNIFTY MAY 38000 CE = 1160.00
SOLD BANKNIFTY MAY 38000 PE = 1150.00
Today it has an MTM loss of Rs. 1523.
Sold BANKNIFTY MAY 37000 STRADDLE on 18-04-2022.
SOLD BANKNIFTY MAY 37000 CE = 1230.00
SOLD BANKNIFTY MAY 37000 PE = 1050.00
Today, it has an MTM profit of Rs. 5,136
Sold BANKNIFTY 5th May 36300 STRADDLE today.
SOLD BANKNIFTY 5th May 36300 CE = 781.00
SOLD BANKNIFTY 5th May 36300 PE = 600.00
Today, it has an MTM profit of Rs. 1,272.
Sold BANKNIFTY 21st w APRIL 37000 CE for Rs. 65.05
This is taken to compensate for yesterday’s Buy of 34500 PE.
I also believe that tomorrow’s expiry will be below 37000 based on market and global cues.
Today, it has an MTM profit of Rs. 951
Positional Trades Total MTM Profit/Loss (20-04-2022):
Four positional trades are currently active, with an MTM profit of Rs. 5,163.
Hope you enjoyed the artilce.
Disclaimer: This article and trades shared here are for educational purposes only and should not be considered as financial advice or a recommendation of any kind. I am not advising any trading or investment ideas. Therefore, I, don't bear any responsibility for any trading losses you might incur as a result of using this learning/data/indicators/charting platform. One is free to choose whether or not to follow the learnings, and create a position in the market at his/her own risk. Index market trading involves considerable risk and can result from the loss of your invested capital. Always consult a Sebi Registered financial advisor and do your research before trading or investing in any market!