Post Market Summary:
- The market closes higher, with frontline indices up nearly 1%.
- The Nifty is up 206 points to 17,245.
- The Nifty Bank is up 393 points to 36,422.
- The Sensex is up 701.6 points to 57,521.
- The Nifty Midcap Index is up 180.3 points to 30,134.6.
- Rupee ends strong at 76.48/$ against Wednesday’s close of 76.53/$
- FII bought for Rs. 743.22 crore today and DII bought for Rs. 780.94 crore.
- FII purchased today after 14 days of continous selling.
- Today, my technical setup indicated a long position in the Nifty.
Trades Update 28.04.2022
At the end of the day today, I sold a BANKNIFTY 12th MAY 36500 straddle.
To reduce my risk, I also purchased the CE and PE at the breakeven strikes of my straddle.
Hedged positions are always helpful and provide peace of mind over night.
Let’s see how it does over the next few days.
Positional Trades Update 28-04-2022
Sold BANKNIFTY MAY 37000 STRADDLE on 18-04-2022.
SOLD BANKNIFTY MAY 37000 CE = 1230.00
SOLD BANKNIFTY MAY 37000 PE = 1050.00
Today, it has an MTM profit of Rs. 12,868
Sold BANKNIFTY 5th May 36300 STRADDLE on 20-04-2022.
SOLD BANKNIFTY 5th May 36300 CE = 781.00
SOLD BANKNIFTY 5th May 36300 PE = 600.00
BUY BANKNIFTY 5th MAY 37600 CE = 180.35
BUY BANKNIFTY 5th MAY 35000 PE = 165.00
Today, it has an MTM profit of Rs. 7,311
Sold BANKNIFTY 12th May 36500 STRADDLE today.
SOLD BANKNIFTY 12th May 36500 CE = 616.65
SOLD BANKNIFTY 12th May 36500 PE = 637.20
BUY BANKNIFTY 12th MAY 37700 CE = 168.00
BUY BANKNIFTY 12th MAY 35300 PE = 260.00
Today, it has an MTM loss of Rs. 1,292
Positional Trades Total MTM Profit/Loss (28-04-2022):
Three positional trades are currently active with MTM profit of Rs. 18,886.
Hope you enjoyed the artilce.
Disclaimer: This article and trades shared here are for educational purposes only and should not be considered as financial advice or a recommendation of any kind. I am not advising any trading or investment ideas. Therefore, I, don't bear any responsibility for any trading losses you might incur as a result of using this learning/data/indicators/charting platform. One is free to choose whether or not to follow the learnings, and create a position in the market at his/her own risk. Index market trading involves considerable risk and can result from the loss of your invested capital. Always consult a Sebi Registered financial advisor and do your research before trading or investing in any market!