Post Market Summary:
- The Indian equity indices closed the day higher on Wednesday, with banking and financial firms leading the way.
- IndiaVix has continued to decline, which is positive for the market.
- Midcap and smallcap indices rose over a percent each,
- The Sensex gained 740.34 points (1.28 percent) to 58,683.99.
- The Nifty closed the day at 17,498.25, up 172.95 points, or 1.00 percent, from its previous close.
- The BankNifty closed the day at 36,334.30, up 486.90 points, or 1.36 percent, from its previous close.
- Nifty Media, Nifty Private Bank, Nifty Auto, Nifty Realty, Nifty Financial Services, and Nifty PSU Bank were among the sectors that climbed 1-2 percent.
- The Nifty Metal and Nifty Pharma indexes both finished lower.
- The top Nifty50 gainers were HDFC Life, Bajaj Finserv, Tata Consumer Products, Bajaj Finance, and PowerGrid Corporation.
- The top index losers were ONGC, Hindalco Industries, JSW Steel, ITC, and Tata Steel.
- FII bought for Rs. 1357.47 crore today, while DII bought for Rs. 1216.00 crore.
- Both FII and FII are now net purchasers for the second day in a row.
Trades Update 30.03.2022
Today I have taken 2 trades in Intraday:
Sold BANKNIFTY 7th APRIL 36200 CE for Rs.680.00 at 12:57 PM.
I bought the above 36200 CE for Rs. 680.00 at 01:43 PM.
In this trade, I made neither a profit nor a loss.
However, as soon as I exited this trade, BankNifty dropped.
Refer the image below.
I’m glad because my setup was pointing in the right direction, but fear forced me to leave this trade at cost.
Sold BANKNIFTY 7th APRIL 36300 STRADDLE at 02:13 PM.
SOLD BANKNIFTY 7th APRIL 36300 CE = 611.65
SOLD BANKNIFTY 7th APRIL 36300 PE = 596.10
Yesterday, I noticed that premiums dropped after 3 p.m.
So I took advantage of it today by selling the straddle at 2 p.m. and profiting in just 80 minutes.
At 03:23 PM I exited the BANKNIFTY 7th APRIL 36300 straddle and booked profit of 778.
I made a profit of Rs. 778 in this trade.
Today Total Profit/Loss (30-03-2022):
The day was profitable.
At the end of today trades, the total profit is Rs. 778/-
My Old Positional Trades(Update):
I sold the NIFTY DEC 2022 17500 CE for Rs. 1050 and the NIFTY DEC 2022 17500 PE for Rs. 1295.
This straddle was taken about 22-25 days ago.
Today, it has an MTM Profit of Rs. 2680.
Hope you enjoyed the artilce.
Disclaimer: This article and trades shared here are for educational purposes only and should not be considered as financial advice or a recommendation of any kind. I am not advising any trading or investment ideas. Therefore, I, don't bear any responsibility for any trading losses you might incur as a result of using this learning/data/indicators/charting platform. One is free to choose whether or not to follow the learnings, and create a position in the market at his/her own risk. Index market trading involves considerable risk and can result from the loss of your invested capital. Always consult a Sebi Registered financial advisor and do your research before trading or investing in any market!